Example 3 - Interpretation
A multilingual international conference with delegates from different countries and no common language.
- Delegates follow the meeting in their own languages
- Up to 32 channels for interpretation
- Interpreting at a distance
- Delegate unit
- Chairman unit
- Central control equipment
- Hall display
The interpreters are located in soundproof booths and equipped with DCN interpreter units with graphic, backlit LCD displays and interpreter headphones.
Delegates can select the interpretation they wish to hear through their headphones by means of:
- A channel selector on their delegate units
- A separate channel selector
- Wireless via pocket receivers
Real-time language interpretation at a remote location can be provided to save time and reduce costs, since interpreters no longer have to be accommodated at the meeting site itself. The remote location can be anywhere in the world. The image of the delegate speaking will be taken from the dome camera and routed to the interpreters.